Join a Winning Team!
As long-term players in plant nutrition, Tiger-Sul employees are recognized as some of the most knowledgeable sulphur and micronutrient experts in the industry.
Our people drive our success. Long-term success begins with quality staff and ends with a satisfied customer.
If you would like to contact Tiger-Sul Products about open job opportunities, please send us your resume with the form below.
Current Job Openings:
Maintenance Mechanic (Stockton, California)
This position is accountable for maintaining the plant in good working order. The Maintenance Mechanic will perform scheduled preventative maintenance, maintain critical spare parts inventory, maintain maintenance records in accordance with the Company’s PM program, cultivate a good working relationship with suppliers and contractors, and complete special projects within his/her skill set. Work closely with other team members to ensure equipment is in good working order and correct deficiencies in a timely manner. This position is on call during all plant operating hours.
- Inspect all equipment in accordance with the plants routine schedule.
- Utilize safe work practices including but not limited to lock out/tag out, electrical safety, stored energy awareness, fall protection, wearing of PPE, and hazardous/gaseous material handling.
- Minimize plant downtime through optimum use of PM program and best practices.
- Prioritize unplanned maintenance through work order system based on safety, quality, and production.
- Responsible for the maintenance, repairs and upkeep of plant operational equipment.
- Repair gearboxes, drive couplings, chain drives, and belt drives.
- Troubleshoot and repair pumps, centrifugal, piston, rotary and other positive displacement pumps.
- Analyze mechanical and operational problems on assigned equipment and plan for and take corrective action; make necessary corrections and running adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality.
- Troubleshoot and repair facility machinery.
- Maintain accurate and up to date maintenance records within the Company’s Maintenance Database.
- Utilize good housekeeping practices for a clean, organized shop and parts storage area.
- Shop spare parts and supplies to obtain best pricing considering quality, service, and equipment specifications.
- Actively participate in regular maintenance meetings with the Plant Manager and the Plant Superintendent.
- Complete all other duties and tasks which may be assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds
- Ability to operate mobile equipment including but not limited to forklift, tractor/backhoe, articulating boom lift, front-end loader
- Good reading and writing skills; basic math
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and call-ins
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Attention to detail to ensure that all jobs are completed and any potential hazards are not overlooked
- Physical stamina to handle a full shift of being active
- Demonstrated ability to multitask
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
- Ability to lift up to 80 lbs.
- Blueprint and electrical schematic reading ability
- Industrial electrical skills
- Knowledge and understanding of PLC and HMI
- Fabrication and welding required
- Ability to pass an internal cutting and welding test
- Ability to operate mobile equipment including but not limited to forklift, Yard truck, etc.
- Basic computer skills
- Basic math skills
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Five years industrial maintenance experience or two years maintenance experience in a Sulphur processing facility